Heavy Vehicle Competency Based Assessment (HVCBA) including:TLILIC2015B Licence to drive a medium rigid vehicle
A unit of competency from the TLI10 Transport and Logistics Training Package
A medium rigid (MR) licence allows drivers to drive any 2 axle rigid vehicle, including a truck or bus and may tow a trailer of no more than 9 tonnes GVM (and within GCM limits). You can also drive a special purpose vehicle with a GVM of less than 15 tonnes (e.g. tractor or bob-tail prime mover).
Pre-requisitesTo enrol in the Medium Rigid (MR) licence training course, all participants must:
- Have held a Class C licence (not a learner) for at least one year
- Complete the Roads and Maritime Service Rigid knowledge test and obtain a Heavy Vehicle Competency Based Assessment (HVCBA) guidebook and logbook
Drivers upgrading to the MR licence receive up to 8 hours of training and assessment time, for the initial course fee. If additional time is required for an applicant to reach a competent standard, a discounted rate will apply.
- Pre-operational Check
- Cabin Drill
- Start, move off, shut down and secure
- Manages Steering
- Manages Gears (NA Automatic transmission)
- Manages Brakes
- Manages Accelerator
- Create & Maintain Crash Avoidance Space
- Protect Crash Avoidance Space
- Road Rules and Directions
- Hill Stop/Start
- Load Securing
- Final competency assessment
In addition to fulfilling the requirements specified in the TLI10 Transport and Logistics Training Package, our training and assessment systems satisfy the RMS requirements for Heavy Vehicle Competency Based Assessment (HVCBA)
Training starts at our Horsley Park or Warwick Farm premises.
Call us on (02) 9602 1177 or
us anytime for our current fee schedule.