Can You Book Driving Lessons During COVID-19?
If you are a novice driver you might be wanting to enroll for driving lessons. In the current scenario with COVID19 unleashing its wrath on us, you will wonder how to get the practice of driving without enrolling in one of the truck driving schools in your locality. A lot of driving instructors or schools closed their shops when the pandemic hit and a lot of the people who were undergoing driving lessons were left in a lurch.
Driving lessons – a low-risk activity:
When you enroll for a driving lesson, the instructor will come to you in a vehicle that has dual control. The instructor will pick you up from your home and so you will be exposed to only one person while you are getting trained. If you were to compare this activity with other activities like eating at a restaurant or shopping in a shopping arcade, driving lessons are low-risk and low-contact. Hence, there is not a lot that you need to worry about if you are planning to get enrolled in truck driving schools.
What will happen when you book for driving lessons:
Customer safety is a top priority for any business and driving instructors and driving schools are no different. The schools are taking many precautions and following all safety protocols to ensure absolute safety of the students and the instructors. The safety protocols being followed differ from one school to the other however the basic principles followed remain the same. Here are few things you can expect to do and to witness when you book a driving lesson.
- You must get a temperature check done before getting into the training vehicle. The training schools use an infrared thermometer to measure the temperature. If the students’ temperature is found to be elevated, then they are asked to reschedule the class as it can be a risk to others.
- Wearing a face mask is mandatory for both the instructor and the student. Wearing of masks has been found to be the most effective way to prevent catching the infection of COVID19.
- After the completion of each lesson, the interiors of the vehicle are sanitized. The instructor sprays sanitizer on all hard surfaces of the vehicle with special focus on high-touch areas like steering wheel, gear shifter and other controls.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in the vehicle and you must use it when you enter and exit the vehicle. This is extremely important for your own safety.
- You can wear gloves if you want to take extra precaution. You can put on disposable gloves and these will help you avoid directly touching the surfaces that others might have touched.
These steps will help you stay safe and keep the instructor safe. Just follow these steps and then you can worry less about the infection and peacefully learn to drive.
If you want to register for driving lessons, All Truck Driver Training can help you with a safe experience. You can call us on 1300521289 or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.