NSW Bus & Coach Driver Authority
Want to work as a bus or coach driver?
In New South Wales, if you intend to drive a public passenger vehicle such as a Route Bus, Coach, Mini Bus, or Shuttle Service, you must have a NSW Bus Driver Authority.
All participants must:
- Be at least 20 years of age.
- Hold an unrestricted/unconditional driver’s licence issued in New South Wales, and have held unrestricted Australian driver licence issues in any Australian state or territory for a total of a least 12 months of the previous 2 years.
- Be an Australian or New Zealand Citizen, permanent resident or hold a visa allowing you to work in Australia.
- Be medically fit (see details of medical assessment requirements in the information package).
Approximately 4 hours
The assessment includes two Sections:
Section A requires that the student correctly complete 102 ‘open book’ questions.
Section B requires that the student demonstrate that they:
- Have a positive attitude to accepting the responsibilities associated with the concept of ‘Duty of Care’
- Have the ability to clearly communicate in English during emergency ‘situations’
- Have the aptitude to deal with different customers fairly and equitably
- Have a professional approach to learning the requirements of the Bus Driver Authority Training
Training conducted at our Horsley Park premises.